Tears of The Saints | Incredible video on the missions needs of the world today.
State of the World | What is the state of the Gospel in the world today?
- Work as Worship Sketch Video | 3 minute video on the importance of work.
Missions Smart: 15 Critical Questions to Ask Before Launching Overseas by David L. Frazier. For anyone considering long-term missions, this is the first book to read. In it you will find the basic of topics such as calling, tentmaking, teaming, and counting the cost that are foundation to think through before continuing on the path towards overseas work.
When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty and Suffering without Hurting the Poor…And Yourself by Steve Corbert and Brian Fikkert. Alleviating poverty and suffering is a strong call of the scriptures and a great opportunity for the American church. Doing this in a way that’s helpful to the people and not harmful is no easy task. This book is a must for anyone considering work amongst the poor and needy at home and abroad.
When Mission Shapes the Mission by David Horner. For church leaders, this book is a helpful guide for establishing a missions department within your local church. It explores the questions of “who to send?” “where to send them?” “how to train missionaries?” and many more questions.
A Vision of the Possible: Pioneer Church Planting in Teams by Daniel Sinclair. As you move along in the process, have sent in an application, are looking to start establishing your team, your platform, and your vision, this book is a great basic guide into all of these areas.
The Sending Church Defined by Zach Bradley. What is the role of a sending church? Why is it so important Biblically and practically. This book answers these questions and has formed some of the basis for Cornerstone’s desire to not just outsource missions but to be a sending church that is intentional in proactive in our pursuit to develop, send, and multiply overseas workers being sent from our midst.
Cross-Cultural Servanthood by Duane Elmer. Duane Elmer asked people around the world how they felt about Western missionaries. The response? “Missionaries could be more effective if they did not think they were better than us.” The last thing we want to do in cross-cultural ministry is to offend people in other cultures.Cross-cultural specialist Duane Elmer gives Christians practical advice for serving other cultures with sensitivity and humility. Whether you’re going on your first short-term mission trip or ministering overseas for extended periods, this useful guide is essential reading for anyone who wants to serve effectively in international settings with grace and sensitivity.
Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions by Steven Corbett and Brian Fikkert.
Business as Mission Websites
- Understanding Business as Mission | Great overview of business as mission
- Business as Mission | More in depth site on business as mission
- Scatter Global Job Board | This is a new job board put out by Operation Mission that is really helpful for locating jobs and keeping your name in the mix for future jobs.
- Global Cities Initiative | The IMB has started the Global Cities Initiative in 5 cities around the world, focusing on getting limitless missionaries from all walks of life and through all funding methods to the ends of the earth.
- Interserve USA | Organization that helps place people overseas with jobs.
- Marketplace Advance |The IMB’s business as mission wing.
- Tentmaking Job Database | List of jobs around the world.
- FOCUS International Global Business Internships – Internship opportunities overseas.